This weekend, Emily asked me for my go-to protein pancake recipe. I realized then that I’d never posted my protein pancakes on here! These make a quick and easy single serving that I throw together in the morning before work.
I mix together the dry ingredients the night before and then just add the dry mix, cottage cheese, egg, almond milk, and vanilla to my food processor in the morning. You can sub whatever flavor of protein you have on hand to make different kinds of pancakes, but funfetti is my favorite this week!
Funfetti Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (I used Cellucor Cor-Fetti Cake Batter, available here)
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1T almond milk
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- dash salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Dump all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Blend for about 30 seconds or until batter is smooth.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray with non stick cooking spray. I used this.
- Scoop batter, 1/4 cup at a time, onto the hot griddle. Flip once the edges look dry and bubbles start to form.
- Top with butter, syrup, greek yogurt, whatever you want!
You can also sub vanilla protein powder and add 1/2 T of sprinkles instead of using the funfetti protein I used.
I order my flavored protein from Bodybuilding.com because they always seem to have good deals. The best tasting brand that I’ve found is Cellucor.
Any good protein flavors or recipes that you love?